[Last updated: December 2010]
The Governing Board has established a Membership Committee, whose members shall be appointed by the Chair of the Governing Board (GB) and shall comprise three persons, at least one of whom shall be a member of the Governing Board, each to serve for renewable 2- year terms. The tasks of the Membership Committee shall be to approve applications for Associate Membership, remove Associate Members when they no longer meet the criteria for membership, maintain, in conjunction with the Central Bureau, a list of active Associate Members, and recruit new Associate Members from the GNSS community.
The Membership Committee shall review the applications, as well as the status of existing Associate Members at least twice per year and shall prepare a list of Associate Members for approval by the GB.
The approved list will be used by Nominating Committees, which are periodically appointed by the GB for the purpose of identifying candidates for specific GB elected positions and carrying out the corresponding election(s).
Acceptable criteria for membership shall include, but not be limited to:
- operation of a network of stations providing data to the IGS
- contribution to the work of a DC, AC, AAC, or CB
- active membership in a WG or a PP, the GB, or former membership of the GB.
An additional requirement for continuing membership shall be casting a ballot (marked or null) in at least one of the two most recent elections of Governing Board members.
The criteria for Associate Membership will be posted by the CB on the IGS web site along with the following information:
- Name of organization:
- Persons participating in IGS activities: Describe your contribution to IGS activities:
- Applications should be sent to the chair of the Membership Committee (*name and email*) by 1 October in order to be considered for membership the following year.